Real Estate Articles

Looking to Sell Your Home Yourself? Our Office Can Help You!

Planning to sell your home "For Sale By Owner" (FSBO)? Perhaps you already have a buyer and do not need to market your home, so will not be using the marketing services of a real estate agent. You will still need to have an attorney prepare and review the purchase and sale documents and to advise you during the escrow period. A great way to make sure that your transaction goes smoothly is to employ an experienced real estate attorney to oversee the transaction and help you avoid common mistakes owners may make when selling their own homes.

Real estate law is a product of both Washington State case law and statutes, so is a dynamic area of law that is subject to change, as real estate laws are frequently rewritten and amended. It is important to be aware of current law as it applies to real estate transactions. For example, disclosure requirements are your responsibility as the Seller. You should be aware of the importance of these disclosures and how you can protect yourself now and in the future. Experienced and thoughtful advice from a real estate attorney can ensure that your sale is in complete compliance with all relevant laws and certainly, well considered legal advice will benefit you even after the sale.

If you choose to sell your home on your own, consider hiring DAL Law Firm to prepare the purchase documents and advise you regarding the sale. From the preparation of real estate purchase contracts that meet all the current laws, to advice regarding proper disclosure, and even the financing documents if necessary, your real estate attorney's contributions will make him or her an invaluable member of your team. If you would like more information, please contact our office today at (206) 408-1688 or email Darcel Lobo at [email protected]

"Darcel Lobo was always there when I had questions or concerns. If I ever had another legal matter I would go back to Darcel."

- Satisfied Client

Need Help with Eviction Services?

Need Help With Eviction Services?

DAL Law Firm represents landlords in order to ensure compliance with the Washington State Landlord Tenant Act. Our goal is to assist landlords with the legal process and to alleviate unnecessary hardships that landlords many times face in evictions. While our primary goal is to work with the landlord and tenant to reach an amicable resolution, that sometimes is not possible and proceeding with the eviction is the only remedy available to the landlord. In such instances, our office can assist with the eviction.

If you find yourself in a situation with a tenant that you believe warrants legal assistance, we are here to help you. Many times these situations are stressful, but we will do what we can to assist you with a difficult situation, including: handle required notices; draft all required paperwork; attend hearings; ensure communication with your tenant; and seek all of the legal remedies which may be available to you; and assist with the removal of the tenant and their belongings. We can be of assistance to you whether you own multiple properties or are renting out an individual unit.

The Unlawful Detainer Procedure

To start an unlawful detainer action, we will need the following documents (if available):

  • A copy of the Rental Agreement and any amendments;
  • A copy of any notices which were issued;
  • The name of the legal owner of the property;
  • The tenant's names, social security number, and date of birth, if you have it; and
  • Any other pertinent information that may be available.

DAL Law Firm has assisted many landlords in recovering not only their property, but also any money owed to them. Please visit our Landlord Tenant page for more information, and contact our office today at (206) 408-1688 if you may be in need of assistance.

DAL Law Firm is conveniently located in Normandy Park, Washington. We serve clients in Washington cities such as Normandy Park, Des Moines, Burien, SeaTac, Tukwila, Federal Way, Renton, Kent, Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Issaquah, Kirkland and others throughout King County.