Coaching & Consulting for Lawyers
Helping you have the best law firm while living your best life
Darcel opened DAL Law Firm in 2016 as a working lawyer mom who was seeking a fulfilling career that would allow her the flexibility she wanted to take care of her family. Through opening her own law firm, she has not only navigated all that comes along with law firm ownership and raising two (then) small children, but she also has taken a proactive approach to prioritizing her health and merging all things law firm ownership, motherhood, and well-being.
Since going out on her own in 2016, she has spent a significant amount of time mentoring and coaching other lawyers who are seeking happiness in both their personal and professional lives. Whether it’s improving time management skills, prioritizing your own health in your life, and/or seeking to open your own law firm, Darcel has the firsthand experience to support you in your journey.
Opening Your Own Law Firm
A large part of Darcel’s consulting practice is helping lawyers who want to open their own law firm. Sometimes, books, podcasts, and CLEs can only get you so far; you need someone in your corner, who understands exactly all that you are navigating as you endure the journey of law firm ownership. Need help developing your intake process? Trying to figure out what tech you do (or don’t need)? Wouldn’t it be helpful to have someone there for you when things get hard to let you know it’ll be okay and help keep you moving forward? This is what you’ll have in your corner with Darcel supporting you. Through her coaching program, she’ll take you step by step on how to open your law firm, and with her one on one guidance, you’ll get the exact answers and clarity you need as you open your law firm.
Managing Your Work/Life Balance
For others, you may not be on the path to opening your own law firm. Maybe you’re already out on your own and realizing that you’re continually putting out fires, and want to get back in the driver’s seat of your law firm. You want to reduce the chaos, stop wasting time on admin tasks, and start improving your internal law firm systems so you can work more efficiently.
Darcel can help you improve:
- Work/life balance
- Prioritizing yourself without the guilt that can sometimes come along with it
- Time management
- Improving law firm processes and systems
- Improving consultation conversion rates
- Increasing profit (not just your revenue- we want an increase in your profit)
Free resources to help you improve your law practice
Darcel’s Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “Tips To Help Attorneys Live Their Lives With Intention” (Washington State Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Conference, September 2023)
- Hosted small group mastermind for law firm owners (Washington State Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Conference, September 2023)
- “How To Run Your Law Firm More Efficiently” (Seattle University School of Law Incubator Program, June 2023)
- “Oh, You Don’t Have Boundaries?” (King County Bar Bulletin, May 2023)
- “Starting Your Law Firm While Juggling Your Personal Life” (Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle, May 2023)
- “Time Management: How To Finish Things and Stop Procrastinating” (King County Bar Association, February 2023)
- “Picking Your Practice Area and Defining Your Niche” (Seattle University School of Law, January 2023)
- “Balancing Your Life and Practice” (Washington State Bar Association, July 2022)
- “How To Run Your Law Firm Under 25 Hours Per Week” (Maximum Lawyer Conference, June 2022)
- “Implementing Systems and Streamlining Processes In Your Law Firm” (King County Bar Association, November 2021)
- “Covid 19 and the Small Law Firm” (Washington State Bar Association, July 2021).